Safety and protection of blasting tools
1. Sand blasting tools, pipelines and joints must be installed firmly and connected reliably to ensure safety. It should also be checked frequently during work for leaks and pipeline wear, especially for severely worn pipelines to be replaced in time to prevent injuries from bursting.
2. When sandblasting, the nozzle must not be directed at people.
3. It is forbidden to repair sandblasting equipment or replace parts under air pressure. When adding sand to the sand tank, exhaust the compressed air in the cylinder before opening the top cover.
4. The operator should wear sandblasted overalls with a helmet. Worked in rubber or artificial leather with air distributor. Wear rubber, leather or thick cloth gloves; assistants must wear protective glasses and dust masks.
5. The air that the operator breathes in the helmet must be filtered and the air pressure adjusted to 1.2 kg / cm2.
6. During the construction in winter, the hot air exhaled by the operator is easy to fog on the glass of the helmet and affect the sight. The inner wall of the glass can be coated with an antifog agent, but it should not be too thick. The antifog agent formula and production are as follows.
Formula: 200 g of normal soap; 300 ml of alcohol; 100 ml of glycerol.
Production: First cut the soap into thin slices and heat in alcohol to dissolve it. Then filter while hot, add glycerin, and then heat to evaporate the excess alcohol. After cooling, it can be used.
7. Sands on scaffolding and structures should be cleaned in time to prevent slipping during work.